Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11


Everyone remembers where they were on this day. I remember I was up early folding laundry, getting Ashley, Fernando, and Bubba up for school. I was watching the Today show as my normal weekday routine. I just sat there in shock, and did not know how I was going to explain all this to Ashley (who was 10 years old at the time).

I was living in Overton, and worked part time at the local library. I went to work, but the day seemed to stand still and it was very hard to be anywhere but home.

I remember my good friend Reyanna's mom had made a ton of pins with yellow ribbons and the red, white and blue stripe on it. Then they took all those pins and just passed them out to everyone at the local grocery store. I wore that pin for a long time. Thank you Reida!

Even thought it's been 7 years, it is still hard to remember what happened that day and all the lives it effected.

I think this is the one of the best pictures from the tragedy. I believe it sums up in one picture that America will make it through anything.