Thursday, May 2, 2013

Brooklyn is 18 months!

My little baby is 18 months old TODAY! I have so many mixed feelings about it. It is so exciting to see her grow and change, but I miss the little baby to hold.

At 18 months she talks sooooo much! It is still in Brooklyn jibberish, but it's so funny and I love it. She does little things while she talks that makes you think she knows exactly what she is saying. For instance she will shrug her shoulders, point to things, or just look at you like you are supposed to know what she is saying. I just always nod my head and talk right back to her.



Although she has mastered her own language she does speak some English as well. She can say
Uh Oh
Mom
Da Da
Ash
Oh Shoot (but it sometimes sounds worse)
Elmo
Hannah!
Ba Ba
Yeah
Minnie Mouse (but just says moW seS)
Princess (it sounds more like sis sess)




She now has 4 teeth on top and 3 on the bottom. It was crazy, right after her first birthday 6 teeth came through. And she had those same 6 (4 on top and 2 on bottom) since her first birthday. Another bottom one just recently came through.

Her favorite food is pasta, all kinds! She also loves quesadillas, bananas, fruit pouches, yogurt, mac n cheese, dry cereal, and peanut butter and jelly. I have tried to give her some juice here and there but she doesn't really like it. She just drinks water and soy milk for now.


She does like a good smoothie!

 
She also really likes to color and draw. She is always wanting to write with our pens and pencils. She got bath time crayons in her Easter basket and a color wonder coloring book too. The color wonder color book is a life saver, it doesn't get on her or other things.

Just when I thought she was a lefty like her dad...

...she moves it to the right hand.





 
I know I say this a lot but she LOVES being outside. Jacob has been playing soccer this spring so that gives us the chance to go to the park and spend time with family.






 
Dave is always telling me she is fearless. He seems to think this because when we first took her to the splash pad she just jumped right in and it didn't seem to bother her at all.






 
But then I thought he might be right. What made me think that? A couple days ago we took her to feed the ducks, and as soon as I sat her down she is off. She ran right up to those ducks and I think she would have got in the water if I didn't stop her.

Notice my tight grip!


Waving "HI" to the ducks.

 
Bathing her is one of my least favorite activities. Why you ask, because she baths fine and doesn't hate it, but when it's time to get dressed she does not like to sit still. It's such a struggle to just get her diaper on. Once I get it on she's off, usually to look at books.


 

She loves puppies. If we our outside and she sees one she wants to run up to it and grab it and love on it. I always get so worried and it's hard to keep her away. Dave thinks this means we need a dog, I'm not so sure about that.



We have been in our new place for a month now, and we just barely got her crib set up. We decided to just make it as a day bed. She had seen Penelope's the day before and was kind of obsessed with it. Once it was set up we laid her in there a couple times so show her she can lay there (and not just jump on it). Last night when she was grumpy and ready for her nap, as soon as I gave her her bottle she took her "chewy" (her favorite blanket), walked into her room herself, and fell asleep. I couldn't take it, I just kept thinking she is growing up too fast.


 
A couple nights ago she was so tired, but fighting it like crazy. So being the stubborn babe she is she grabbed her keyboard and started playing it, then all the sudden she was out, holding her keyboard.

 
Our goals now are to wean her off the bottle, and attend nursery. I'm dying inside about this, I still can't believe I have a baby old enough to go to nursery. This Sunday will be our first try, and our new ward is at 9am. Wish us luck!

Happy 1 1/2 Birthday beautiful girl! We love you so much!

1 comment:

Tami said...

She's a doll!! Isn't this such a fun age, I'm so loving Dax right now!!