Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

I had four days off for the Thanksgiving holiday, and I was so excited. It went by really fast because we kept pretty busy. This year we spent Thanksgiving with Mandy and her family, Doz and his friends were there too. The dinner was so good as always, and I was very stuffed. It was fun spending time with each other. After dinner the girls made plans for black Friday shopping, and the boys played xbox, of course! This is the best picture of the bunch, Doz our pie baker.


I caught Ashley and Doz playing Barbies with Lindsay.

Doz and Carter

Doz and Parker

And Parker getting to know Doz's friend Steve. They taught Parker to say "PLAYA" its too cute.
Lindsay Kate and Parker

That night Paola and Bubba came to stay the night with us because Paola was going shopping with us the next day. Now we knew we had to get up at 4am to hit the stores, but we couldn't go to sleep. We finally went to sleep at 2am, and got 2 hours of sleep. It was pretty crazy, but we got everything we wanted. Mandy, Paola, and Ashley hit Wal Mart at 5am, while I saved us a spot at Target. Good thing I did, the line for Target by the time they got there was all the way past Lowe's, and as always it was an adventure. Ashley recorded a video the whole time she shopped. It's 7 minutes long, but she will post it on her blog.

Then on Saturday Ashley, Allan, and Bubba went up to Beaver Mountain to cut down some Christmas trees. We are going to try to sale them this year. We will see how it works out, those three worked very hard and brought back 33 trees. We are selling them at Paola's mom's house. Down in Overton you don't need a permit to sale them. It was fun for us all to get together. Here is Mandy and Carter checking out the trees.

More trees
Maddi showing us some dance moves
We picked our tree from the bunch we were selling. This is the before picture, and I will post the ones of it decorated. That was a chore in itself.

4 comments:

GrandmaLori said...

Hi Katie,
Its Lori Waters. I miss you guys so much! It was so great to find you blogging. Your entire family looks great. I can't believe so many years have gone by and everyone has grown up and had kids of their own. Can I really be this old.....LOL! Please stay in touch and tell everyone HI from the WATERS BUNCH!!!

Shannon & Lindsay said...

I can't believe the line was THAT long! I hope the deals were good!

Tami said...

Hey, I bought one of those trees!!! and I love it!! I'm glad they did all the work so we didn't have to!!

Miles Family said...

Hmm, rember you were supposed to delete some of my pics!! :]