Friday, June 28, 2013

Random Update

A couple weeks ago we went on a very last minute trip to California with the Miles and the Zarates and I really want to blog about it but I want to get some pictures off Ashley's phone first.

It is so hot here lately. Today and this weekend it's supposed to hit 115!!! No bueno. No bueno at all.

We have been doing are best to keep busy (so we don't die of boredom) and stay cool. About a month ago, the Zarates bought a pool for their yard. The weekend that they set it up they invited everyone over for a BBQ, it was so nice and Brooklyn seemed to like it.








 She loved the pool, but she loves the trampoline more.




I love when she colors or draws. She gets way into it, and always lays on her tummy to do it. It's so cute!



Dave is a HUGE New York Yankee fan. He had bought this little girl Yankee jersey before Brooklyn was born. He put it on her the other day. It's still a little big, but she looked so cute. I love that she likes to wear her hat.


Last weekend we went to the water park. We were having fun, but when Aunt Paola showed up with popsicles it was a hit!

You got to make sure they don't melt quick, right?



I absolutely adore Allie's smile in this picture!




After Brooklyn's bath the other night, I was able to put her hair in two braids. Little House on the Prairie version.

Last weekend when we were at the Zarates, Bubba wanted to show us their bows. Brooklyn watched him and Jacob shoot a couple and then she wanted to try it. I think watching Brave a few times helped.



I helped them clean out their pool and Nate watched Brookie for me. He had set up a couple chairs for them, and when I took this picture they were just sitting there talking.


I hate the Xbox but this makes it tolerable.

Finally, we received a picture from Penelope showing us what fun she is having traveling with dad. We sure do miss them!


2 comments:

The McKims! said...

Katie, she is a doll! she looks so much like you, I think. I love how she draws! So cute!!

cariesthoughts said...

OMG! I Love the pictures Katie!!