Friday, December 2, 2011

Brooklyn is 1 month!


Today Ms Brooklyn is one month old. I can't believe it's been a month already. She is such a good baby. She only cries when she is hungry or needs a burp. When she is awake she loves for you to talk to her or sing to her.

Her first two weeks home she had her days and nights mixed up. She would be up all night and sleep all day. She wasn't fussy or anything, she just would be awake and looking around at everything. I didn't want to lay her down when she was awake. So that was our bonding time. After her first two weeks she started sleeping better at night. She still gets up about everything three hours to eat, but it's not all night.

Right after she was born she nursed really well. Then just after Thanksgiving she started having a bad reaction every time she ate. I then moved her to regular formula. I didn't think I would be sad to not nurse anymore, and I am. She did well on the formula for a few days, and then started having the same reaction again. We now have her on soy formula and hoping she continues to do well.

She holds her head up really well. Every time I put her on my shoulder to burp her she lifts her head up for a while. It's so cute. I get excited when she smiles. I know they are gassy smiles, but I love them anyways. I still have not been able to catch one on camera.

Finally she loves bath time. She is so good and doesn't cry one bit.

Can I just say, I am so lucky to have so many people I can call if I need anything or have questions. We are truly blessed to have so many family members there for us.

2 comments:

cariesthoughts said...

She is so cute! I need to come visit you!

OurLittleFamily said...

She is a cutie! Happy 1 month! Sounds like you are just enjoying her and loving on her so much! So happy for you!!!