Monday, April 18, 2016

Brooklyn Update

It has been awhile since I have posted a "Brooklyn" update, and I cannot believe how much she has grown. I know I say this all the time, but literally she is a little girl. She is very smart, independent, feisty, loving, funny, spontaneous, and caring. Being very smart also makes her think she can get away with lying. She lies quite a bit to stay out of trouble, this is something we have been working on. We obviously love her to pieces, and enjoy watching her grow up.

Here are some more random stories about this little love.

One of my favorite shows to watch is of a family of little people. She asked me why the boy and girl have kids, and I let her know they are married. She replies "They can't be marries, they aren't growed up."


One morning she came and cuddled with me, and after a little while I told her I needed to get ready for work. She says "Mom, you can't go to work. You don't have make up on."


In August of last year, I quit working to stay home with Brookie, and watch Allie when she gets off from Kindergarten. I love being home with them, and one day while they were playing Allie says, "Thank you for quitting your job."


She calls a door bell a ding bell.



She can write her whole first name by herself. She signed a few of her Valentine cards to her cousins. Yes, she picked SpongeBob valentines.


She loves to help in the kitchen as much as possible. Whenever we make mac n cheese, she wants to mix everything up herself, and put it on the plates.


She loves to play "school" and "work". She sets up her laptop, phone, headphones, and clipboard. It is usually when I am working from home, and she is just playing along.



This picture is one of my favorite stories. I had been folding laundry on the bedroom floor, and she was quietly playing babies. Then all of the sudden she leaves the baby next to me, and leaves the room. She then yells "Mom! Pretend you are her teacher, and she threw up in school. Pretend you call me to come and get her." I couldn't stop laughing. I didn't notice that she had brought play doh in the room, and careful made throw up without me noticing.


Is that under? (Thunder)


Since Paola has had Pauly, Brooklyn has been obsessed with being a baby again. She always wants to pretend she's a baby. She will always ask to get in the crib and other baby things. Well on this day, Paola was showing us the high chair they got for him, and Paola being the nice aunt she is, let Brookie pretend to be a baby. She was in heaven.


If we have started to pull out of the garage, and she doesn't have her seat belt on yet, she will yell "Don't even drive."


This child is a little hoarder. She called me in the kitchen one day while I was cleaning, and she preceded to tell me that I am not supposed to throw these things away. It is a piece of plastic from some make-up, and a pen lid. Really??


I kindly asked her to pick up her legos, and she replied, "No thanks."


Saying the family prayer by herself, she will say "safe our family."


"Turn that song on." (Up)


"I fink" (Think)


During another family prayer she said, "My mom be okay at school, she no fall".


Officially potty trained on 9-27-16!! HALLELUJAH!! Mandy and Dave had the idea to have her sit on the potty with a pull up on. This will get her used to sitting, and going. This worked, then we (without her knowing), cut a hole in the pull up. When she sat on the potty, and heard the pee hitting the water, she got the biggest eyes and was so proud of herself. We only had to do that a few more times before she did it with nothing. Thank goodness!!


Allie: "Taco Tuesday" (Del Taco)


One day she drooled on my arm and told me that was her "slob" (slobber).




We are at the children's museum, and the girls are in the castle room. Allie is dressed like a princess, and Brookie is dressed like a prince. Brookie goes up the castle to get Allie, and Allie says "defeat the dragon!" Brookie goes "what?" with her lip curled, and then says, "I can't feed that dragon Allie!"


"Mine crabs" (Minecraft)


She loves to pretend she is a YouTube toy collector, and is always pretending to do a video. While we were in the car one day, she was describing one of shopkins, and drop it. She then says, "Sorry cookie fans. I dropped my shopkin."



"Soda" (Minnesota)



She came to the eye doctor with me to get my new reading glasses. When we were leaving she told me she needs glasses too. She kept telling me she can't see, so one day while at the mall we stopped at Claire's, and they had the cutest little pink "pretend" reading glasses. Aunt Ashley bought them for her, and gave her her very own cleaning clothe for them. For the next few days she had to wear them all the time.


Her and I were taking turns playing Temple Run on my phone. She then tells me, " I'm super good, and you are not super good."


"I jiggled." (Juggled)


Waking up in the middle of the night, she says "Mom. Are you an animal?" and goes right back to sleep.
Another night she woke up, and said, "I want to tell you about myself", and goes back to sleep again.


She just started taking showers by herself. When she is showering she likes to pretend she is Jovie from the movie Elf, and she wants me to be Buddy. While she sings in the shower she wants catch me singing too, and kick me out.


She is always asking if it's still morning time.
"Is it morning time?"
"Is it still morning time?"
"It's a new day!"


"You should all go in the living room, because I am sick", and then does a fake cough.


While running errands a Sam Smith song came on the radio. She says, "Mom, why is he always sad?"




Mom - "Brookie, I'm not your slave."
Brookie - "You're my mom."


Allie told us that if she scratches her dad's back she will get four packs of shopkins. Brookie runs to our bedroom, and yells, "I'm going to rub my dad's back!".



Mom - "Brookie get up, and get dressed."
Brookie - "Mom! My legs are tired!"
Mom - "They don't look tired."
Brookie - "Yes mom! Look they are going slow."


I let her sit in the front seat while our car got washed. She gets the biggest eyes, and says "Mom! Our car is getting a shower!"



She was looking in my eye one day, and asked what the red lines were. I let her know they were veins, she says "No mom! It is the 2nd blood of your eye."


She asked if she could have a treat, and I let her know I didn't have money for one. She says, "Just go to the bank."


"How do texts fly to other phones?"


When she needs something she will say, "could you mind?". Like, "could you mind hand me that block?"


She always, ALWAYS wants her hair in a "down pony", so when she let me leave it down and curly for one of her performances, I was a little excited. :)



Whenever we cook bacon, she will yell, "I love Macon!". Yes, she calls bacon macon.

Everyday she says something new, and it's hard to remember everything. Love you so much Brookie!

































No comments: